the world's only blog dedicated to Massively Multiplayer Online Role-Playing Games

Thursday, January 11, 2007

Free MMORPGs -- A Master List

Recently I discovered several online lists of "free" MMOs, and I thought I'd maintain such a list here on Avataritoria.

A little research revealed, however, that most of these games were not free. At all.

So I have compiled three lists -- a list of Free MMOs, a list of Partially Free MMOs, and a list of Pay MMOs. I will keep all three updated, with links from the home page.

Here are my criteria for a free MMO. It must be FREE -- no cost, ever. All content must be available for free. It may be advertising supported -- but it must not offer an ad-free version for money.

Asian Fantasy
Community
Furry
Golf
Isometric
Macintosh
Medieval Fantasy
Modern
Naval
Occult Horror
Pirate
Puzzle
Science Fiction
Shooter
Text-based
Virtual Pets
WWII
2D Side-scroller
Windows
FREE MMORPGs

Archmage: Reincarnation From Hell 1998 Accepts donations

BattlePosition 2005

DarkEden 2001

Elysarian Kingdoms 2005 Accepts donations

Endless Online 2003

Hero Online 2006

Ogre Island 1999

PlaneShift Beta

Shadowbane 2003

Thang Online Beta

Yes, I'm afraid that's it. If you know of any more, let us know!

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home